Update on the Conditions of Entry to The Jockey Club Kau Sai Chau Public Golf Course (“Kau Sai Chau”)
We wish to inform all visitors that the conditions of entry to Kau Sai Chau will be updated as follows with immediate effect.
1. All visitors must scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” (“LHS”) QR Code at the Kau Sai Chau pier in Sai Kung before boarding the ferry. Anyone without a smartphone must register their details including their names, contact number and date and time of visit with our staff.
2. To safeguard and protect the health and safety of all visitors and staff, no person will be allowed to access to Kau Sai Chau if he / she:-
- has had within 14 days prior to the date of visit any of the common symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – such as fever, malaise, dry cough, shortness of breath, nasal congestion, headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, skin rash or discolouration of fingers or toes.
- has travelled outside Hong Kong and is currently subject to any quarantine order or self-monitoring requirement issued by the Government. Note 1
- has been in close contact with any person who has travelled outside Hong Kong and is currently subject to a quarantine order issued by the Government, in particular family members, helpers or drivers.
- has been in close contact with any person who is a confirmed or preliminary positive case of COVID-19 infection in Hong Kong or overseas within 14 days prior to the date of visit.
- lives in a building in which there has been a confirmed or preliminary positive case of COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the date of visit as published by the Centre for Health Protection.
- is required to undergo COVID-19 testing pursuant to a compulsory testing notice or direction (except for compulsory testing required after the end of compulsory quarantine or self-monitoring for persons returning from places outside Hong Kong) and has not been confirmed negative.
All persons who enter any Golf Course premises or use any Golf Course facilities are deemed to have declared that they do not fall within any of the circumstances as stated in point 2 above.
We thank our customers for their support and cooperation in ensuring a safe environment for all.
Note 1: Exceptions
- Fully vaccinated persons who have completed a compulsory quarantine period of 14 days or more may enter Kau Sai Chau.
- Fully vaccinated persons who have completed a compulsory quarantine period of less than 14 days may only enter Kau Sai Chau on the 15th day from the date of return.
- Fully vaccinated persons who have travelled outside Hong Kong and are only required to undergo self-monitoring upon arrival (e.g. via Return2HK Scheme) may enter Kau Sai Chau during the self-monitoring period.
Note 2 : “Close contact” generally means having direct physical contact, living in the same household, travelling in the same vehicle or flight, having social contact in close proximity such as dining together. The above examples are not exhaustive. If in doubt, we advise customers to err on the side of caution and refrain from Visiting Kau Sai Chau.
2 December 2021
Tee Grounds Maintenance Works (North Course)
Phase Two Rye Grass Over-seeding on Tee Grounds will be carried out between 6th December 2021 (Monday) and 10th December 2021 (Friday) on North Course.
During this period, there are some disruptions to golfers.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your co-operation.
Tee Grounds Maintenance Works (South Course)
Phase Two Rye Grass Over-seeding on Tee Grounds will be carried out between 6th December 2021 (Monday) and 10th December 2021 (Friday) on South Course.
During this period, there are some disruptions to golfers.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your co-operation.
Monitoring of Booking System
The tee-time booking system is under continuous monitoring to ensure fairness is maintained in the booking system for tee times.
Customers are reminded that the player making a tee time booking is responsible for that booking and that no player should make a booking unless they genuinely believe the players being booked intend to play on the date and time reserved.
Any players interfering with the normal function of the booking system will have their booking and playing rights suspended.
All customers are reminded not to share their KSC ID and log-in password to any third party. In all circumstances bookers will be held responsible for bookings made under their registered KSC IDs.
17 November 2021
Type C Mode of Operations at KSC Coffee Shop
The Golf Course is pleased to announce that the Coffee Shop will be designated as Type C premises with effect from 1 September 2021. In moving to Type C status, all visitors to the Coffee Shop will have to comply with the following Government-mandated guidelines:
- There will be a maximum of 6 persons per table.
- The Coffee Shop will operate at 75% per seating capacity.
- Persons aged 16 to 64 must use the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile app to gain access. There is no exception for not having a smartphone. Those aged 15 or below and those aged 65 or over who are unable to use the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile app will have the option to complete a specified form which is available at the Coffee Shop.
- Catering staff are under instruction to deny entry to anyone who refuses or is unable to comply.
31 August 2021
Update on Precautionary Measures Against COVID-19
The Golf Course announces the following update to the precautionary measures against COVID-19 with effect from 1 September 2021:
- Anyone visiting the golf course is required to use the “Leave Home Safe” app at the KSC Ferry Pier in Sai Kung prior to boarding the ferry. For more details about the “Leave Home Safe” app, including download information, please click here. Anyone without a smartphone must register their details including their names, contact number and date and time of visit with our staff.
- Management has made arrangements for staff to be tested for Covid-19 to comply with the latest Government requirement.
- Any persons undergoing compulsory quarantine or experiencing flu-like symptoms are not permitted to use the facilities, including the courses
- The temperature screening at the Golf Course pier in Sai Kung will remain in effect until further notice. Any visitors or staff recording a temperature of 37.6 degrees Celsius or above will not be permitted to board the ferries and will be advised to seek immediate medical assistance
- All persons must wear a face mask at all times before and after exercise within the facilities (exercise being defined as physical activity on the golf courses and practice facilities). Any person who fails to put on a face mask will regrettably not be allowed to board the ferries and shuttle buses.
- Access to play on the courses will be through advance tee time bookings only. Walk-ins will not be permitted until further notice.
- In view of unprecedented demand, as a matter of fairness, patrons will be limited to a maximum of 4 rounds in each calendar month (not including rounds where patrons are eligible for 50 per cent refund due to inclement weather).
- All persons are requested to use the hand sanitation station at the Golf Course pier prior to boarding the ferries.
- Shower facilities will remain open and disinfected at least once every 4 hours.
- Golfers returning golf carts to the golf cart center are requested to remove all personal items and dispose of their own rubbish in the bins provided.
- F&B outlets have suspended the provision of buffets. Only a la carte service will be available.
- All high traffic areas and contact points are sterilised on an hourly basis.
Management wishes to thank all customers in advance for their understanding and cooperation.
31 August 2021
Revision in Green Fees
To maintain the facilities in proper conditions and to cope with the increase in operating costs, with effect from 1 October 2021, there will be a general revision in green fees for the North, South and East Courses as summarized below, applicable to both local and overseas players.
|Weekdays & Weekends/
Public Holidays (increased by)
|North, South and East Courses 18-hole round||HK$ 30|
|South Course 9-hole round and South Course Twilight||HK$ 15|
For details, please refer to the separate notice on 2021/22 Fees & Charges.
Since inception, the Golf Course has been administered on a self-financing basis without monetary support from any other organization. Your understanding of the revision from 1 October 2021 and your continued support to the Golf Course would be much appreciated.
23 August 2021
Revision in Golf Instruction Centre Tuition Fees
To maintain the standards of tuition and cope with the increase in operating costs, the Board of Directors has decided that, with effect from 13 September 2021, there will be a general revision in Golf Instruction Centre tuition fees as summarized below.
|Adult Tuition||Current Fees (HK$)||New Fees (HK$)|
|Introduction (8 hours)||$2,000||$2,080|
|Practice & Play (8 hours)||$2,000||$2,080|
|Advanced Short Game (4 hours)||$1000||$1,040|
|Bunker Play (2 hours)||$500||$520|
|Driving & Woods (2 hours)||$500||$520|
|On Course Lesson (4 hours)||$1,100||$1,140|
|Golf Pass (8 hours)||$2,200||$2,280|
|My First Handicap (5 x 4 hours)||$5,500||$5,700|
|Private Tuition (per hour)|
|- Golf Professionals||$800||$820|
|- Head Golf Professional||$980||$1000|
|Junior Tuition||Current Fees (HK$)||New Fees (HK$)|
|Junior Group Lesson (per hour)|
|- Levels 1-8||$150||$160|
|- Levels 9-13||$160||$170|
|Junior Private Tuition (per hour)||$280||$300|
|Parent/Junior Lessons (per hour)|
|- Golf Professionals||$950||$980|
|- Head Golf Professional||$1,130||$1,160|
|Ad Hoc Lesson (per hour)||$180||$190|
Since inception, the Golf Course has been administered on a self-financing basis without monetary support from any other organization. Therefore, your understanding of the revision from 13 September 2021 and your continued support to the Golf Course would be much appreciated.
2 August 2021
Launch of the New KSC Booking System on Thursday 18 March 2021
We are pleased to announce the launch of the new KSC Booking System from Thursday 18 March 2021 for making bookings to play from Thursday 25 March onwards.
To enable more golfers to experience the new booking system, there will be a limit of one booking per golfer during the period 25-31 March 2021. In April 2021 the normal 4 round limit per golfer will be resumed.
Please visit the website (https://booking.kscgolf.org.hk) for making bookings. For further details, please click the links below for a step-by-step tutorial video, user manual and Q&A.
16 March 2021
Registration for the New KSC Booking System
We are pleased to announce that registration for the new on-line and telephone booking system will start from 2 p.m. today, 18 February 2021 and the first date for making bookings under the new system will be 18 March 2021.
All existing KSC registered golfers and new golfers must register for using the new booking system. Only those golfers who have registered to use the new system will be able to book tee times from 18 March 2021.
Please visit the website (https://booking.kscgolf.org.hk) for registration. For further details, please click the link below for a step-by-step tutorial video, user manual and Q&A.
18 February 2021
Golf Course Sai Kung Car Park – Increase of Surcharge for Non-Golf Course Patron
With effect from 22 February 2021, the surcharge for Non-Golf Course Patron at the Lower Floor of the Car Park will be increased to HK$100. This is waived for vehicles entering after 3:00pm and exiting before 6:00am each day.
Other hourly parking fee will remain unchanged.
Thank you for your patronage.
11 February 2021
Or click here to the tee times in 2021
Suspension of on day Walk-in Golf with Effect from Monday 23 November
In view of the deteriorating situation related to COVID-19 only golfers with booked tee times will be allowed access to the golf courses. On day walk-in golf will be suspended with effect from Monday 23 November until further notice.
Patrons are also kindly reminded to wear face masks at all times when not eating at F&B outlets or playing golf and adhere to the latest social distancing measures mandated by Government.
Management will continue to monitor the situation related to COVID-19 and take further actions as necessary to enhance social distancing for the safety of our customers and staff.
We apologise once again for any inconvenience caused.
22 November 2020
Temporary Suspension on Making Changes to Weekday Tee-time Bookings
Please note that with effect from Friday 27 November 2020 the policy of no changes to weekend and public holiday tee-time bookings will be extended to include weekday bookings. No changes (including players, tee-time, date and golf course) will be accepted, except for withdrawals, (i.e. individual players or cancellations of the entire bookings.)
We appreciate your understanding on the need for this temporary policy and apologise for the inconvenience caused.
19 November 2020
Identity Checks at Starter Huts
Please note that with effect from Monday 9 November 2020 all golfers are required to show their identity cards or passports at Starter Huts before tee-off.
Patrons are kindly reminded that any person who plays or attempts to play in another player’s name will be asked to leave the golf course at once without any refund of fees/charges already paid and will also be subject to the same 180-day suspension of playing rights and privilege in making advance tee-time bookings as that of the player who has allowed him/her to play.
The above requirement is on a temporary basis during the current period of unprecedented demand.
We appreciate your understanding on the need for this additional check.
4 November 2020
Update on Maximum of 4 Rounds of Golf per Golfer in Each Calendar Month
After a review of the first month implementation of the above temporary policy, golfers reaching the 4 round cap in a calendar month will now have their booking rights reinstated 7 days in advance of the first day of the following month (in other words, golfers concerned will be able to book Tee-time of 1 November 2020 on 25 October 2020).
We appreciate your understanding on the need for this temporary policy and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
21 October 2020
Notice on Maximum of 4 Rounds of Golf per Golfer in Each Calendar Month
In view of the unprecedented demand for tee times, as a matter of fairness, golfers will be limited to a maximum of 4 rounds of golf in each calendar month until further notice. Details of this temporary measure are as follows:
- “Rounds” means rounds played (not including rounds where golfers are eligible for 50 per cent refund due to inclement weather).
- Upon reaching the limit golfers will be suspended from booking or walk-in until the first day of the following calendar month.
- Any advance bookings already made within the same calendar month by golfers reaching this limit will automatically be cancelled.
- For any enquiries related to this temporary measure, please contact the Booking System Help Service at 2791-3390.
This temporary measure is aimed at giving all golfers an opportunity to play during a period of heavy demand. We appreciate your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience caused.
4 September 2020
World Handicap System
The Hong Kong Golf Association (HKGA) has launched the new World Handicap System (WHS) in January 2020. The WHS was developed by the USGA and R&A and will provide golfers with a unified and consistent measure of playing ability, with handicaps calculated the same way wherever they are in the world.
New Slope Rating Tables
With the new WHS the KSC Slope Rating Tables have been updated by the HKGA and are available under the golf section on our website at www.kscgolf.org.hk, on notice boards at the Golf Course and at the starting tees of each golf course. Please refer to these tables to determine the correct handicap for the course and tees you are playing from.
As handicaps through the new GHIN system will show daily updates, you should only use the handicap listed as of the 1st day of each calendar month when playing within that month. This is a decision made by the HKGA whereby all clubs and courses in Hong Kong should follow.
Sports Angels Needed
Click here to download the registration form.
The Three Millionth Golfer (3/2/2019)
Congratulations to Ms. Suh to be our three millionth golfer! She has received 5 complimentary rounds of golf and a commemorative trophy from our Golf Course, and great gifts sponsored by Oakley, Ping and Titleist. Big congratulations to Ms. Suh again!
Policy on Avoiding Single-Use Plastics
As part of our commitment to environmental protection and waste reduction the Golf Course will start phasing out single use plastics and replacing these with more sustainable alternatives from 1 October 2018.
- Plastic straws will be phased out and replaced with paper ones on request.
- Plastic stirrers will be replaced with wooden stirrer and bamboo picks.
- Plastic cups and covers for drinks will be replaced with biodegradable types.
- Paper hot dog box and sandwich box will be used for takeaway.
- Plastic take-away food containers will be replaced with biodegradable boxes.
- Sustainable wooden knives and forks will be provided on request for takeaway food.
- Plastic bags provided with take-away food will be phased out and replaced with paper bag (without plastic lining).
Starting from 16 January 2019, the Golf Course will not sell water and drinks in single use plastic bottles. Water and drinks in cans or glass bottles will be available for sale at Cheers, Mobile Kiosks and vending machines. The provision of filtered water and distilled water in reusable carboys will remain unchanged at the Administration Building and the three golf courses respectively.
A simple logo KSC reusable water bottle will be available at Cheers at low cost for customers purchase to use for storing drinks for consumption or refilling on course.
The Golf Course will continue to find ways to make our operations more sustainable and help reduce waste in Hong Kong's landfill.
Dengue Fever Control
The Centre for Health Protection Department has recently announced more than 26 local cases of Dengue Fever in Hong Kong.
The Golf Course has been taking the following additional Mosquito control measures:
- Inspecting facilities, clearing drains and u-channels of debris and eradicating ponding areas;
- Increased the frequency of spray and fumigation by pest control company;
- Installed additional mosquito traps and ensured all are functioning properly.
Management has been closely monitoring the situation, and will act in accordance with advice from the Government.
For your information, the Centre for Health Protection has advised the public to take heed of the following personal measures:
- Wear loose, light-coloured, long-sleeved tops and trousers;
- Use DEET-containing insect repellent on exposed parts of the body and clothing;
- Avoid using fragrant cosmetics or skin care products when engaging in outdoor activities;
- Take additional preventive measures and re-apply insect repellents according to instructions;
- Avoid staying in shrubby areas;
- Use mosquito screens or nets in rooms that are not air-conditioned.
Golf Bag Trolley Service between KSC Sai Kung Pier and Car Park
Patrons are reminded that the complimentary golf bag trolley service is provided exclusively for use between the Golf Course Pier and Car Park in Sai Kung. Under no circumstances should trolleys be used for any other purpose whatsoever.
Patrons leaving trolleys in the Sai Kung town area leads to significant loss and theft of trolleys. The Golf Course is also facing increasing numbers of complaints from the general public on the nuisance caused by trolleys left in public areas.
To ensure the continued provision of the trolley service it is important that patrons use the service as intended between the Golf Course Pier and Car Park.
Thank you for your kind attention!
Golf Cart Driving License Requirements
- In accordance with Road Traffic (Village Vehicle) Regulations, all golfers driving golf carts must hold a valid driving license with effect from 1 October 2015.
- Hong Kong Identity Card holders who wish to drive a golf cart must possess a full Hong Kong driving license.
- Visitors to Hong Kong (visitors mean that they arrive at Hong Kong other than to take up residence for a period not exceeding 12 months) may drive a golf cart with a valid international driving permit or domestic driving permit / license, provided they are 18 years and above.
- Golfers must provide a valid driving license each time they are issued a golf cart. Otherwise they will not be permitted to drive.
Notice relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, please refer to details.
Only KSC Golf Course Professionals are authorised to conduct Golf Tuition within the Golf Course premises
Other Golf Professionals
1. are always welcomed to play at our Golf Course for social purposes.
2. are recommended to respect the professional code by not conducting themselves in a manner which could be considered as COACHING.
3. are requested to note that persons found violating the professional code could be banned from visiting the Golf Course.