PRIORITY ON THE COURSES
- Priority on any of the Courses will follow the etiquette of the game of golf. However, the Company reserves the right to make single, two balls or three balls into four balls, if there is high demand for play. This will normally be at the discretion of the official starter.
- A single player has no standing and may only play at the discretion of the official starter.
- A person shall behave in a considerate and courteous manner towards other persons, the Company's officers and employees and all caddies provided by the Company.
- No person shall use any obscene language or behave in such a way as to be liable to cause annoyance or distress to any other person.
- A person shall not reprimand any official or employee of the Company or any caddie utilised by the Company for any reason whatsoever.
- No person shall obstruct, disturb or annoy or cause danger to any other person in the proper use of the Company’s premises or the Courses.
- No person shall obstruct, disturb or interrupt or refuse to comply with the instructions and orders given by any official starter, official or employee of the Company in the proper discharge and execution of his duties.
- No person shall obstruct, disturb or interrupt any person or employee lawfully employed or engaged by the Company for the execution of any work in connection with the laying out, preservation or maintenance of the Company’s premises or the Courses.
- No person shall operate or play, or make any sounds on, any musical or other instrument, including any gramophone or radio apparatus, or sing any song to the annoyance of any other person at or in Kau Sai Chau.
- Players playing on any of the Courses shall always give way to course maintenance workers working on the Courses concerned.
CONSIDERATION FOR OTHER PLAYERS
- Players may only occupy the tee at tee off as authorised. In the event of failure to tee off at the time of being called, the place will be offered to other players in line.
- No player shall play until the players in front are out of range.
- (a) All players shall play without undue or unreasonable delay. A target time of four (4) hours or any duration as decided by the Golf Director for 18 holes will be requested.
(b) Players may stop briefly for drinks at a half-way house or any other refreshment facility provided by the Company, provided that they have kept up with the match in front of them and provided that by stopping they do not create any delay to matches following.
EFFECT OF BREACH OF THE RULES
- Any person who, in the opinion of any Company’s official or employee, is in breach of the Rules of the Company shall be reported to the General Manager, who shall, if he sees fit :-
(a) forthwith stop such person from continuing the use of the Courses or other facilities of the Company; or
(b) refuse such person the use of the Courses or other facilities of the Company; or
(c) order such person to leave Kau Sai Chau and, in the event of that person’s failure to comply with such direction, the General Manager shall, if necessary by force, evict such person from Kau Sai Chau.
- No person may bring onto the Company’s premises or any of the Courses, food, drink or other refreshments except when it is necessary for medical purposes; or special food for children; or when otherwise permitted by the General Manager.
- Except as authorised by the General Manager by order of the Board, no one is allowed to collect lost golf balls on Kau Sai Chau either for personal use or for other purposes.
- No person may purchase golf balls, golf equipment or food or beverages at Kau Sai Chau otherwise than from the Company or as may be authorised by the Board.
- No one is allowed to feed wild animals and birds at Kau Sai Chau.
- No pets of any kind or other animals, birds or insects may be brought on to any part of Kau Sai Chau, without the express permission of the Board.
- Regardless of the presence of the Company’s employees, all sporting facilities of the Company are used at the risk of the persons using such facilities and the Company shall not be responsible for death of or injury to any person suffered or for loss of or damage to any equipment or other items belonging to any person or incurred while using or in the proximity of such facilities, irrespective of fault.
- Any complaint regarding the Company or its affairs shall be made in writing to the General Manager.